2020 Rocklin FC Scholarship Program
In an effort to recognize children that have gone through the Rocklin Soccer program and assist them with their higher education needs, the Rocklin Soccer Club will provide a minimum of five (5) $1000 college scholarships to be given to a minimum of 5 high school seniors at either Rocklin or Whitney High Schools. Additional scholarships could be available as well. There will be:
- One (1) boy or girl scholarship
- Two (2) boy scholarships
- Two (2) girl scholarships
- The girl scholarships will be known
- as the Jim & Nancy Wood Scholarships
The eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Must have completed the junior year of high school and rank in the upper part of his/her class scholastically. Applicants must have a 3.0 or better GPA.
- Must enroll at a college or university of his/her choice. Community colleges are eligible.
- Must have outstanding personal character, sportsmanship, and leadership qualities.
- Must have been a member of Rocklin Youth Soccer Club at least one (1) season.
Rules for Application
- Complete this application and questionnaire, and attach a recent photo to the application.
- Application must be accompanied with one letter from the principal, soccer coach, or counselor.
- A transcript of applicant’s grades must be included.
- Deadline for returning the scholarship application is April 1, 2020.
- Mail to: Rocklin Youth Soccer Club, 2351 Sunset Blvd. Suite 170 Box #306,
Rocklin, CA 95765.
- Formal Application and Questionnaire:
Applicant may submit a list of key personal information (including full name, address, phone number & email), any relevant soccer accomplishments and answers to the following questions:
- What college do you plan on attending? Why did you choose this college? How do you plan to fund your college education?
- What core values have you taken from the game of soccer and how do you think that this will have an effect on you as you travel through college and then on to your career?
- List what years and what Rocklin Youth Soccer teams that you played on (rec, select and comp may be included)
- List what years (if any) you actively refereed or participated in another activity (ie line striping/field set-up) for Rocklin Youth Soccer.
- The Rocklin Soccer scholarship committee will make the selection of those members deemed most worthy of the scholarships. The board will vote and ratify the committee’s decision.
- All applicants will be notified in the month of April via phone and finalists will be asked to attend the nearest soccer board meeting to receive their commendation from the Rocklin Soccer Board of Directors in person. Soccer board will have plaque to present to each of the winners at the beginning of that next board meeting.
- The scholarship committee will then send a press release out to local media as well as announcement in the league newsletter announcing the winners. The Director of Special Events will be asked to write the article for both publications.
Due to National College Athletic Association rules, scholarship winners will not receive cash directly. Scholarship recipients are required to submit the name, address, and contact person of their college or university, so that Rocklin Soccer can send the funds through the high school Assist-a-Grad program in the name of the winner for future use.
40%- Grade point average and transcript
30%- Essay questions
20%- Length of league participation
10%- Level of other league assistance (paid and volunteer)